recipe adapted from allrecipes.com
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease 10 muffin cups, or line with muffin papers.
- In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. ( This is where I stir in walnuts for more texture.. and I like walnuts in my banana muffins) Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp ground cinnamon
10 tbs salted butter, at room temperature
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup (packed) light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup old-fashioned oats
½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
½ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare 2 cookie baking sheets with wax paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In another bowl, blend the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy (best to use an electric hand mixer).
- Add the egg and vanilla until combined well.
- Mix the contents of the first bowl into the buttery sugar blend.
- USING A WISK or SPOON, stir in the oats JUST until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop a tablespoon into your hand and make a ball shape. Place onto cookie sheets 2 inches apart (no really, keep them apart.. these babies spread out in the oven).
- Bake about 11 minutes or until lightly brown on the edges.
- Let sit on cookie sheet for about 2 minutes, then transfer onto cooling racks. Cool for 5 minutes.